Truckee TART Driver, $23.00 hr. Paid Training
- Operates company vehicles to transport passengers on fixed route, demand/response or door-to-door service.
- Assists dispatcher with routes and narratives.
- Assists elderly passengers and persons with disabilities as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the loading/unloading and securement of wheelchairs within established safety procedures. Physically evacuates passengers in any emergency situations.
- Promotes positive passenger relations; greets passengers in a tactful, courteous manner.
- Maintains appropriate uniform and presents a professional, neat and clean appearance.
- Communicates access and/or loading problems to supervisors.
- Inspects assigned vehicle before and after operations; makes notes of any defects discovered. Completes vehicle condition reports.
- Completes passenger and vehicle usage records.
- Keeps vehicle interior clean.
- Prepares and submits Incident/Accident reports.
- Responsible for keeping updated on all company policies and procedures, and all training requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
Flexible hours of work may be required, which can include evenings and/or weekends. Requires ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. Must possess the physical ability to perform all driving functions without assistance. Moderate lifting, bending, twisting, stretching, kneeling, and crouching may be required to assist passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle, including carrying items and lifting and securing wheelchairs weighing up to 50lbs. Must be able to load/unload and push/pull occupied wheelchairs without assistance. While driving, may experience challenges related to adverse weather conditions or vehicular traffic. Must be able to grasp, squeeze, kneel, reach, and stretch to do pre/post check of vehicles, adjust mirrors, secure wheelchairs, and operate the vehicle, radio and equipment. Must be able to lift and install tire chains on all vehicles as needed. Task to include kneeling, lifting the chains (up to 50 pounds), and positioning from a kneeling position with arms extended bearing the weight of the chains. Must be able to operate small to large vans and buses safely, and perform all of the above, without assistance.
About Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART)
2022 marks our 42nd year as an industry leader in community-based, coordinated transportation and brokerage systems. The Team at Paratransit Services never faltered in our mission to provide quality coordinated transportation and community services that meet the needs of the people we are entrusted to serve!