Job Title: Driver
Job Time Type: Part Time
Job Description: NVIH is seeking a Class A Driver with the ability to transport, operate and set up the Mobile Dental Clinic (MDC) at each treatment site. This position will require travel between sites in Butte, Glenn, Tehama, and Yolo Counties. This is a part-time position averaging 5-10 hrs. per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Transport, operate and set up the MDC as scheduled.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Perform the required service checks/tasks/inspections for vehicle maintenance, cleanliness and safety prior and following each trip.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, empty grey/black water tanks, tire pressure, repairs, clean, )
- Schedule routine preventive maintenance with a truck maintenance facility.
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Maintain open communications with all coworkers and supervisors.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Track and report working hours
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience and Skills
- Valid California Class A driver’s license required
- At least one (1) year of experience driving a Class A or B rated vehicle
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by our insurance
- Must maintain a clean driving record throughout employment and maintain insurability and participation in DMV Pull Notice Program.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate or able to obtain certification within 30 days
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Commercial License
Salary: 25.00 Hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Flex-Time, 401K
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://nvih.atsondemand.com/#/jobDescription/761066
Northern Valley Indian Health
175 West Court Street
Woodland, CA 95695Class A LicenseMinimum Education and Experience