Tehama County Department of Education
Education Specialist – Early Childhood Special Education
Salary: $47,727 – $95,898 per year with starting salary between $47,727 – $84,866 per year
Definition: Under general supervision of an Administrator, this position provides specialized academic instruction utilizing appropriate strategies to identify students with disabilities in an Early Childhood Education environment.
Essential Functions and Job Duties:
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.
- Provide students with specialized instruction based on their unique needs resulting from identified disabilities.
- Familiar with State Preschool assessments and Desired Results for Children and Families assessment.
- Monitor individual student’s progress utilizing data that reflects student performance on his or her IEP goals; adjusts instruction as needed based on analysis of the data.
- Collaborate with other teachers and facilitate the integration of students into general education classes. Monitor student progress and the overall effectiveness of the integration models.
- Understand and relate to students with disabilities assuring the proper implementation of educational programs including designing and implementing appropriated behavior management techniques for use in instructional and classroom management purposes.
- Write and implement effective behavior plans for students and participate in manifestation determination assessments and meetings for students as necessary.
- Prepare all necessary reports and maintain educational records required and necessary to provide a quality educational program.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with parents, general education teachers, and other service providers or agencies.
- Communicate effectively with administration, parents, team members, staff, and agency representatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of special education laws as well as SELPA and District policies and procedures.
- Participate in professional development and maintain a high level of professional competence.
- Establishes and maintains a safe, orderly, and student centered classroom environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid California credential authorizing the teaching of special education students ages birth to pre-kindergarten or ability to obtain one.
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Training preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Valid California driver’s license and evidence of insurance.
- Early childhood development stages, including social development, language development, physical development, and readiness to learn.
- Current state standards and adopted curriculum, education code and relevant laws.
- Keep Standardized Testing and Reporting system including the interpretation and analysis of student achievement.
- All areas of special education including: behavior intervention strategies, learning theories, curriculum development and functional/vocational development.
- Current laws and regulations pertaining to students with disabilities.
- Policies and procedures pertaining to IEPs.
- Special Education Information System database (SEIS) or ability to learn.
Go to edjoin.org/tcde and apply to appropriate position.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS POSITION:
TCDE Human Resources Services