Essential Job Functions:
- · Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment
- · Assesses student for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc.
· Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum
- · Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
· Directs para-professionals, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- · Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- · Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- · Prepares teaching materials and reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and providing documentation of teacher and student progress
- · Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students.
- · Providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, district and/or school policies.
Other Job Functions:
- · Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- · Participates in various meetings (e.g. parent conferences, in-service training, site meetings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information and/or meeting credential requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- · Skills to motivate students.
- · Communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds
- · Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel.
- · Meet schedules and deadlines.
- · Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, reading/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/color vision/field of vision.
Requirements / Qualifications
All applicants for this position must be submitted online only. All listed documents are required and must be scanned and attached to the on-line application. Any incomplete applications will not be considered for the vacant position.
• Copy of Transcript
• Letter of Introduction (Must be signed)
• Two Letters of Recommendation (Must be signed)
• Valid California Teaching Credential for appropriate level of instruction and specialty area
• English Learners Authorization
• Subject Matter Competency
• Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
• Current TB Test
• Valid California Driver License and maintain insurability
Comments and Other Information
Tulelake Basin Joint Unified School District is a small district located on the Siskiyou and Modoc County line just a few miles south of the Oregon border. TBJUSD is comprised of three schools: Tulelake Basin Elementary (K-6th), Tulelake High School (7th-12th), and Tulelake Continuation High School. The area is primarily used for ranching and farming. The economic instability caused by drought and water insecurities, has caused a declining enrollment for years, this year we are starting to see enrollment stabilize a bit. TBJUSD has a high unduplicated student count, especially in the areas of low income and English language learners. We provide many interventions such as SIPPS (Systematic Instruction in Phonemes, Phonics and Sight Words), Read Naturally (a fluency building program), and AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) with our English Learners and Low-Income students in mind, however, due to our small size these actions and services benefit all students. We are served by Modoc County Office of Education for our special education and coordination of our foster youth student services. Staff takes great pride in seeing all the students succeed and reach their potential. The students have a lot of involvement with FFA, 4H, and various other extra curricular activities in the community. The staff works hard to learn and implement new technologies that allow our students to access material in different ways.