Ted Pella, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the microscopy instrumentation and supplies field. We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for our Engineering Department to help us grow in the design and manufacturing of Instruments. This person will provide technical design input and engineering support in the areas of Electrical/Electronic Design, Product Development, and Manufacturing Process Engineering.
- Designs, develops, and leads all aspects of electronic control systems, instruments, equipment, and machinery.
- Work with the Mechanical Engineering staff for the interface and installation of PLC and embedded control based hardware and software systems.
- Develops electrical and electronic circuits for small instrument design projects.
- Selects components, and use schematic and PCB design software to implement them into finished products; as well as, sustaining existing products.
- Designs projects that involve analog and digital circuits, microcontrollers, PLCs, high voltage supplies, microwave, RF, and vacuum components.
- Creates schematics and PCB designs using National Instruments software. Utilizes software for predesign circuit analysis.
- Performs the set-up, calibration, design testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components and instruments.
- Assists manufacturing troubleshooting electronic and electromechanical problems when they arise during manufacturing assembly, quality control, repair or maintenance.
- Uses various test instruments and signal generators for design and troubleshooting.
- Provides support to the technical writing staff for Operation Manuals and Work Instructions.
- Assists in creating the technical construction files required for NRTL (Intertek ETL) Electrical Safety and EMC testing North America and Canada standards, and similar technical packages for Declaration of Conformity certification for CE and UKCA marking.
- Assists with repairs on existing electromechanical products and production equipment.
- Provides support to customers on products in the field.
- Facilitates presentation to the technical and steering team meetings.
- Supports the R&D department staff.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
A broad range of product development experience is preferred with sound expertise in one or more areas that can include:
- Electrical Engineering.
- Analog and Digital circuit design using THT and SMT components and layout.
- Control systems and automation.
- Interfaces to electrical and software components and controls.
- Circuit and electrical aspects of instrument design.
- Experience in product and process engineering support.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in the UL, CSA and CE certification process.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related degree
- A passion for delivering engineering excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical design engineering experience.
- Experience with design and development of scientific instrumentation.
- Electrical system and PCB design software experience using National Instruments Ultiboard and Multisim.
- Solid experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Results-oriented self-starting nature, with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills collaborating with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent and innate electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Superior problem diagnosis and solving skills.
- Solid experience with a recent version of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to speak, write, and communicate in the English language fluently is required.
- Must be authorized to work in U.S., work visa sponsorship is not available.
Monday through Friday: 7:30am-4:00pm and/or as needed.
Annual salary range is $78,000 – $115,000 plus an excellent benefit package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position includes a generous medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
About Ted Pella, Inc.:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 55 years. We have been in Redding, CA for over 36 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site at https://www.tedpella.com/. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in California, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of smaller city life nestled in a rural recreational setting.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check.Minimum Education and Experience
About Ted Pella, Inc.
About the Company:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 54 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a family-owned and operated Company with a professional and friendly atmosphere. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life with plenty of shopping, restaurants and culture, nestled within an incredible rural recreational setting. http://www.visitredding.com/home/about-us
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check. To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your salary requirements via email to email@example.com