North Valley Services
Community Employment Services
Red Bluff, CA
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Provides vocational assessments, job coaching/short term support, and pre-vocational skills for individuals with disabilities to maximize employment opportunities and outcomes.
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm with a 30-minute unpaid lunch. Days and hours may vary and include evenings, Holidays, and weekends, as needed.
- Works under the supervision of the CES Program Manager.
- Responsible to train and support individuals with disabilities.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Strong writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Current California driver’s license, with an acceptable DMV printout and insurability, minimum of a 3-year driving history.
- Ability to pass a DOJ criminal background check.
- Ability to pass CPR and First Aid courses.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with others.
- Ability to call, text and/or e-mail.
- Ability to be certified in Behavior Tools.
- Ability to train new employees.
- Ability to use computer programs, create and maintain documents using Excel and Word.
- Ability to write and manage supported employee plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all safety procedures, policies, and guidelines of NVS.
- Educates and assists clients in establishing professional work ethics, social skills, and appropriate apparel for work.
- Maintains current, accurately documented client files, completes all required paperwork and service tracking reports according to deadlines.
- Multitasks and prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Participates in continuous staff development and training.
- Motivates, supports, and trains employees with disabilities.
- Provides individualized follow-along supports to assist clients in maintaining employment.
- Provides timely interventions. Returns phone calls and reacts to situations in a timely manner.
- Works with minimal supervision and exercises independent judgment.
- Completes progress reports and billing paperwork.
- Participates in client assessment meetings and vocational planning development.
- Develops vocational client assessments and written reports.
- Interacts effectively with employers and funding sources.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Public safety and convenience are to be always considered.
- Ensures that employer expectations and quality standards are met.
- Drives personal or NVS vehicles as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned including filling in at other sites or departments as needed.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job, (bending, pushing, lifting, and stooping).
- Ability to tolerate all weather conditions (heat, cold) when working outdoors.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
STANDARDS FOR MEASURING PERFORMANCE:
- Must be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems, as necessary.
- Effectiveness of daily operations, paperwork, communication, and cooperation with others.
- Effectively implements client plans for employees with disabilities.
- Presents and maintains a positive image.
How to Apply: Visit www.Indeed.com and search for the job title to apply online.Minimum Education and Experience