Southern Cascades Community Services District is accepting applications for a Per diem EMT. Reporting
to the EMS Division Manager, the EMT works as a member of a team to provide medical care to the sick
and injured in accordance with established protocols.
This position performs basic life support in the pre-hospital care setting within the EMT scope of practice
of the State of California and the Nor-Cal EMS region. Shifts include some weekends and holidays. Good
communication skills and the ability to work with others and be a team player is a must.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Acts under the direction of the Ambulance Department Director through voice orders or written
• Promotes good working relationships with other departments, co-workers, patients, families and
• Uses basic emergency procedures in providing patient care.
• Drives ambulance in a safe manner to deliver patient and crew to the medical facility.
• Performs all procedures and skills listed in the California EMT scope of practice.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current California EMT license
• Nor-Cal EMT Accreditation
• Current BLS level CPR certification
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possession of valid California Ambulance Driver’s Certificate
• Mental acuity and reasoning ability sufficient to perform job duties in a safe, efficient manner
• Temperament able to deal effectively with stresses produced by EMS work situations
• Capability to meet physical demands of job on an ongoing basis
• Ability to safely drive for long distances
• Ability to safely drive in inclement weather
• Maintain an acceptable driving record
• Ability to use a typical desktop computer with basic applications
Application can be obtained at www. southerncascades.org or by visiting our district office.
Southern Cascades Community Service District
205 Ash Valley Rd. P.O. Box 239 – Adin, Ca 96006
Southern Cascades Community Service District is an equal opportunity employer.