The primary purpose of this position is to assist journey Engineering Equipment Operators and to perform laborer work. Applications will expire every 90 days. To remain active for consideration, applicants must resubmit their application.
Wage Rate: $19.98/hr
- Performs the simpler and more routine operation of heavy gasoline or diesel powered equipment.
- Equipment may include: Large industrial tractors, dump trucks, motor graders, soil compactors, tractors with attachments, dozer tractors, front-end loaders, backhoes, excavators and brush cutters.
- Operates equipment to perform basic assignments for cutting, moving, digging, grading, and rolling earth, sand, stone, and other materials on flat and stable terrain conditions when maintaining ditches, road shoulders and beds, and fire lines.
- Hooks up attachments when required and learns to perform adjustments such as setting level, angle, or depth. Responsible for performing basic service and maintenance on equipment operated.
- Although the primary responsibility is the operation of equipment, some manual labor may be necessary. Labor duties require prior work experience or training and some degree of manual skill and very heavy physical effort.
- Laborer duties may include: Installation of culverts or drainage structures, installation of water sources and associated pipelines, and water capture and storage structures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management’s Federal Wage System Qualifications Standards.
Your application and resume must clearly show that you possess the experience requirements.