Job Title: Engineering Technician II
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional drafting, office and field engineering work; to act as a lead for other engineering technicians and aides as assigned; to perform related work as required.
- Oversee work of other engineering technicians and aides as assigned;*
- Check development plans, subdivision and parcel maps;*
- Assist in laying out and calculating quantities and cost estimates for public works construction projects;*
- Locate utilities, easements, property lines and other information on plans;*
- Maintain map record files of properties, utilities and improvements; *
- Make field checks of project sites or survey areas to become familiar with features or to verify survey results;*
- Check and update as-built drawings;*
- Collect, tabulate and analyze traffic information;*
- Assist in the development of striping and signing plans;
- Respond to and resolve a variety of traffic related requests for service;*
- Prepare charts, graphs, maps, plans and other drawings of existing rights-of-way and other improvements using field notes, maps and photographs;*
- Check calculations used in designs and estimates;
- Calculate storm drainage and alley fees;*
- Prepare legal descriptions and plans of properties;*
- May act as a survey party member utilizing survey instruments;
- Operate computer printers and copying machines;*
- Answer questions and provide information to the public concerning engineering activities;
- Perform related assignments as necessary.
Experience: Two years’ work experience performing duties similar to those assigned to the Engineering Technician I in the City of Chico.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent supplemented by relevant college level courses in civil engineering, architecture, mathematics, drafting, or other related field.
Education Level: High School Diploma or equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: 21.06 Hour Maximum Salary: 29.04 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Company Website
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
City of Chico
411 Main St.
Chico, CA 95928