Spectrum Prosthetics & Orthotics Inc. Leads the way in Southern OR and Northern CA for providing quality prosthetic and orthotic devices. We are currently seeking an entry level fabricator to join our Redding, CA team.
Our orthotic/prosthetic technicians fabricate a variety of custom Orthotics(bracing) and Prosthetics(Artificial Limbs) for many different patient diagnoses. Orthotic/Prosthetic technicians may work in any number of the following areas:
– Plastic Thermoforming
– Plastic Finishing
– Metal working (bending of metal bars with hand tools, cutting, tapping, and polishing)
– Leather working and Sewing
– Plaster modification (plaster sculpting)
-Foot Orthotic fabrication
-Custom shoe modifications
-Wet laminations using resins, carbon composites and fiberglass.
-Trimming and polishing laminated devices
Who should apply for this position? Great, highly motivated people who want to work with other great, highly motivated people while using their brains and their hands to help make a difference. Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, organizational skills, mechanical aptitude, and attention to detail. If you enjoy working with your hands and like the idea of creating unique devices that really make a difference in people’s lives, apply today!
- High School Diploma or GED required
- If you are mechanically inclined and want to help people this is your new career
- Training will be provided by ABC Certified Prosthetists and Orthotiists. This will allow you to see all aspects of patient care and how the device you fabricate helps people regain function in their lives!
- Must be able to perform duties of an Orthotic Technician and demonstrate an ability to use tools/equipment properly. The ability to manage delivery timelines that are pre-determined with practitioners is required
Our company has been purposeful in providing an outstanding workplace environment!
Special attention has been paid in the area of “Organizational Health” This includes daily stand-up meetings that allow each team member to give a synopsis of their workload. This allows each team member to voice their schedule, share triumphs, share challenges and build a more cohesive team. Many times, the phrase “Spectrum is like a family” has been expressed.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, holidays & Vacation, Personal Time, 401K plan.
Employment Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8AM – 5PM Mon.-Fri.
Pay-Range: $16.00 per hour (Dependent on experience)Minimum Education and Experience