Fort Bidwell Tribal Environmental Protection Dept. is looking for an Environmental Assistant. This position is full-time with benefits.
Wage Rate: $15.50/hr
- Performs office labor duties according to environmental grant work plan tasks as determined by the Environmental Director
- Performs field labor duties according to environmental grant work plan tasks as determined by the Environmental Director
- Provides a written record of environmental data/information as determined by the Environmental Director
- Collects environmental samples/information as determined by the Environmental Director
- Works with the contractual consultant to assist in completing grant deliverables
- Maintains field equipment in good working condition
In order to qualify for the position, applicant must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, OR 2 years experience in relevant field
- Must be able to compose using MS Word and upload/download internet documents
- Candidate must successfully pass a background investigation
- Must be able to greet and talk with all people in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner on the phone and in person
Applications accepted from public; however, Native American Indian preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44 and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. code, Section 472 & 473).