Job Opportunity: Environmental Health Technician
Employer: Modoc County Health Services
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Interviews: To be announced
Position Type and Salary:
- Environmental Health Technician (EH Tech)
- Salary Range (225): Step A-F
- Monthly Salary: $3,356 – $5,205
Benefits: County benefits package included
Job Summary: Under general direction, the Environmental Health Technician provides administrative support for the Director of Environmental Health. Responsibilities include conducting the most complex sanitary inspections and investigations to enforce Federal, State, County, and local environmental health, safety, and hazardous material laws, rules, regulations, and standards. This role may also serve as a specialist in a designated area of environmental health investigations and enforcement, such as hazardous materials/waste regulation, provide training for other staff, and perform related work as required.
- Any combination of training and experience that is likely to provide the necessary knowledge and abilities is considered qualifying.
- A typical way to meet the required qualifications includes:
- Completion of college-level coursework in biological sciences, chemistry, environmental health, or hazardous materials.
- One year of experience conducting environmental health investigations or inspections is desired.
- May require special training and/or certification as necessary for the assigned area.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles
How to Apply: Submit a completed Modoc County job application and resume to the Environmental Health Department at 204 W 4th Street, Alturas, CA, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact Chris Murray at (530) 233-6310.
Modoc County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Minimum Education and Experience