We currently have an opening for a full time Environmental Services Technician at our Loyalton campus. This is a full time benefited position, with possible weekend work required.
The Environmental Technician cleans and maintains all assigned areas of Eastern Plumas Health Care that includes: Portola Hospital, Portola Administrative Offices, Education Center, Portola Medical Clinic, Loyalton Hospital, Loyalton Medical Clinic, and Graeagle Medical Clinic. Also performs preventative maintenance on all department equipment.
- Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Performs routine cleaning of all assigned areas in a neat, safe, clean and sanitary manner which may include but not limited to the following;
- Light fixtures are removed, cleaned, and replaced.
- Wash windows inside and out.
- Clean all window blinds and sills.
- Clean and maintains all hanging directional signs.
- Cleans walls, doors, and facings.
- Clean and sanitizes all furnishings and surfaces.
- Assist with terminal cleaning of surgery suite, when needed.
- Coordinates with Housekeeping Supervisor when needed to assist/cover housekeeping shifts.
- Performs the stripping, waxing and polishing floors in accordance with standard procedure.
- Shampoos carpets using only hospital approved chemicals or carpet cleaner.
- Utilizes appropriate chemicals according to labeling instructions and SDS.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the department equipment.
- Maintains set quality standards while performing job duties.
- Be able to work independently with limited supervision, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintains specific safety precautions at all times.
- Must be able to understand and comply with Eastern Plumas Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all regulations as set forth in Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
About Eastern Plumas Healthcare