OPENING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: April 28, 2021
CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: May 14, 2021
STARTING SALARY: $21.88 to $27.35 depending on experience Highly competitive package *See below
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L. 101-630.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the guidance of the Tribal Administrator, the Tribal Executive Assistant prepares all tribal correspondence, prepares and tracks all travel for the Tribal Business Council, attends and prepares minutes from all Tribal Business Council meetings, and maintains all correspondence and files associated with the Tribal Office.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares Tribal Business Council meeting agendas.
- Prepares and distributes Tribal Business Council meeting packets three (3) business days prior to scheduled meetings.
- Attends Tribal Business Council meetings and takes minutes.
- Prepares and submits formal Record of Board Actions within three (3) business days following Tribal Business Council meetings.
- Prepares and submits formal meeting minutes for review within seven (7) business days following Tribal Business Council meetings.
- Prepares tribal correspondence based on the direction of the Tribal Administrator and/or Tribal Chair and submits the final document for signature and mailing.
- Maintains filing system.
- Coordinates various meeting considerations, including meeting notification, coordination of meeting materials, preparing and distribution agenda and related documents.
- Prepares travel paperwork for the Tribal Business Council and submits to the Fiscal Department for processing.
- Maintains an all staff calendar of Tribal Business Council meetings as well as a Tribal Office calendar with detailed schedules of the Tribal Business Council, Tribal Administrator, and Department Heads / Program Managers.
- Prepares letters to individuals who are in noncompliance of receipt submission for financial assistance programs.
- Prepares drafts of new or revised ordinances based on the direction of the Tribal Administrator, Tribal Chair and Tribal Business Council.
- Prepares Tribal Office and Tribal Chair articles for the quarterly Tribal Newsletter and assists in preparing the same.
- Prepares office supply orders for approval and sends same to the Fiscal Department for processing.
- Acts as the Tribal Office Property Custodian and Representative for the Safety Committee.
- Acts as the Tribal Office key custodian.
- Assists in the processing of Tribal Office mailers.
- Assists in processing member benefit applications in accordance with all SIR Ordinances.
- Assists in the delivery of payments to local vendors / agencies.
- Assists in the processing of payments made at the Tribal Office, delivering receipts to Fiscal every Friday as well as the last day of each month.
- Assists in the preparation of all Tribal Office records, on an annual basis, for transport to storage.
- Coordinates the Tribe’s census and maintains a cooperative relationship with the Federal Census Bureau.
- Maintains strict tribal office confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and maintain a positive work environment.
- Ability to use tact, courtesy, discretion, resourcefulness, and good judgment in handling issues of a sensitive nature.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to take direction.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
- Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain one within ninety (90) days of hire.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or similar field or completion of a course of study at a business or trade school or jo specific skills acquired through on-the-job training or apprenticeship program. Two (2) years of experience may be substitutes for one (1) year of college.
- Must type forty (40) words per minute.
- Able to lift and carry thirty (30) pounds.
- Computer experience in various kinds of software including, but not limited to, word processing and spreadsheet programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
- Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
- The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
- Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements) or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
- Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
- Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
- Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
- Copy of any other certifications required.
- Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
- Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
An additional statement on how you meet each Minimum and Additional Qualification and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Complete applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address. All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement. EOEMinimum Education and Experience