- The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors for management of the entire non-profit organization including fundraising/development, human resources, strategic planning, program delivery, finance, communication, and community engagement.
- Serve as an effective and visible spokesperson for SYRCL, effectively articulating the mission, vision and values as well as all SYRCL is accomplishing, maintaining consistent and compelling messaging to internal and external stakeholders, partners, the media, and the public.
- Lead and mage SYRCL staff and collaborating with the Board to implement, refine, and update SYRCL’s multi-year Strategic Plan. Note that the current 5-year plan expires at the end of 2023.
- Lead fundraising efforts to achieve annual goals set in the budget; work closely with the Development Director to develop and implement a fundraising plan. Take personal responsibility for recruiting and stewarding major donors, grantors, and members. Play an active, leading role as a primary solicitor of funding from institutional and individual donors.
- Minimum of 7 years of executive leadership experience with a track record of achievements; preferably with significant program operations in the environmental field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; advanced degree preferred in environmental policy, law, natural resource management, river ecology, or related field. Demonstrated understanding of California water policy, water law, and river ecology.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple departments and annual organizational budgets greater than $5 million.
- Demonstrated ability to perform efficiently under specified timeframes and with the highest possible standards for quality work, including managing and prioritizing a diverse array of projects and tasks simultaneously. This position requires frequent computer use, extended periods of time sitting at a desk and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds. Additionally, the ability to speak clearly and be understood by others is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more detailed information, please go to: https://yubariver.org/posts/now-hiring-executive-director/
SYRCL is an EOE.
Salary range: $105,000 to $135,000.
Please send cover letter and resume to: https://syrcl.bamboohr.com/careers/75Minimum Education and Experience
About South Yuba River Citizen's League (SYRCL)
The South Yuba River Citizens League was founded in 1983 by grassroots activists determined to protect the South Yuba River from dams. Ultimately, SYRCL won permanent protections for 39 miles of the South Yuba River under California’s Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
Today, SYRCL is the central hub of community activism to protect, restore, and celebrate the Yuba River watershed. With decades of achievements, 3,500 members, and 1,300 active volunteers, SYRCL is doing great things for the Yuba watershed. Together, we are extending our powerful coalition from the Sierra to the sea.