Summary of position: At the discretion of the Feather River Tourism Board of Directors, the Executive Director manages operations and activities for Feather River Tourism Association (FRTA) including strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, sales and general administration. All Programs of Feather River Tourism Association are designed to position the area as a year round tourist destination by attracting visitors, increasing lodging occupancy rates and tourism spending, and maximizing the number of off season and return visitor trips. This position requires a commitment to working with the Board of Directors to establish and achieve short and long term goals. The Executive Director provides the leadership for ethical and effective operations and assures activities of the organization follow established policies and function within the bylaws of FRTA.
Salary Range – $50,000 to $60,000 dependent upon experience
Duties and responsibilities:
- Direct all aspects of Feather River Tourism Association while serving as the primary face and spokesperson for the organization.
- Administer the policies of Feather River Tourism Association as defined by the mission, goals, strategies and objectives set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Manage Fiscal operations at the direction of the board.
- Create and manager operations and marketing budgets.
- Manage FRTMD maintenance and reauthorization process.
- Operate organization within all legal requirements of the County, State and Federal governments and staying current on legislation as it pertains to the industry.
- Produce and present annual reports to Directors and local jurisdictions served by FRTA.
- Preparation and management of quarterly reporting to Board of Directors including meeting agenda and packets.
- Manage stakeholder, partner and supplier relations.
- Manage public and community affairs.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and supervising staff as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Motivate staff and manage HR/personnel.
Strategic Planning, Marketing and Sales –
- Build FRTMD brand and increase awareness through participation on boards, committees and related outreach.
- Facilitate tourism growth for the development of increased visitor facilities, attractions, events and promotions through work with private sector, quasi-public organizations and public entities.
- Create opportunities for group and meetings business at local properties.
- Oversee marketing contracts and agency relations and track results on all marketing programs.
- Attend key travel related events and conferences as directed by the board.
- Provide strategic leadership and industry knowledge while developing relationships with local/ regional tourism related businesses, elected officials, partner organizations, city staff and others to ensure collaboration within the tourism industry.
- Develop and oversee system for tracking and reporting on marketing activities.
- Oversee maintenance of content for PlumasCounty.org website.
- Conduct research for the economic impact on tourism and program effectiveness in conjunction with consultants.
- Continuously review comparable destinations for best practices and ideas to evolve programs.
- Other duties assigned.
Education and Experience – Minimum of Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college or university with major in marketing, business administration, tourism, hospitality or a related field. Preferred minimum 3 years experience in tourism, hospitality sales, marketing or public relations management.
Desired Qualifications – Knowledge of the tourism industry. Understanding of policies and procedures, organization and functions of a tourism DMO/CVB. Basic knowledge of non-profit management. Critical thinking skills, positive attitude, consensus builder. Aptitude to be politically savvy in working with government officials. Ability to create and manage an operational budget working closely with a fiscal accounting consultant. Ability yo conceptualize a destination marketing strategy. Understanding of destination brand development and execution. Ability to develop and oversee a marketing plan and budget.
To apply –
Request a detailed job description from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume and cover letter expressing your interest to email@example.com.Minimum Education and Experience