The Plumber performs skilled work of average to considerable difficulty in the maintenance and repair of existing plumbing systems as well as in the installation of new systems and equipment.
- Works independently with little supervision in the completion of assignments.
- Responds to calls for emergency repairs, locates and identifies nature and cause of problems, and takes appropriate corrective action based on knowledge, experience, and established industry practice.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs water and sewer lines, pipes, valves, faucets, traps, sinks, sprinkler systems, and other plumbing related equipment and systems.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and technical manuals.
- Receives and reviews all work orders/requests to determine requirements and schedule site visits.
- Estimates costs and man-hour requirements by visiting job location and obtaining necessary information.
- Plans, schedules, and sees jobs through to completion.
- Establishes and maintains customer oriented focus.
- Communicates politely and effectively with, and in front of, customers.
- Works as part of a team with supervisors and co-workers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of plumbing repair and installation using standard tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Demonstrates writing skills with a focus on technical accuracy, writing quality and clarity are also required.
- Uses and applies appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Requisitions and/or purchases supplies and materials, while maintaining various activity records and logs.
- Tracks equipment and service history.
- Regular attendance.
- Travel and work overtime as required.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Regularly updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Ensures that Company tools, equipment, and vehicles are maintained in proper working condition.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- The principle duties of this position are performed in a variety of environments, including customer homes, the outdoors, and field environments at development and work sites on uneven and rough terrain.
- Required to work in outside weather conditions, including heat, cold, and temperature swings, for extended periods of time.
- Experiences frequent interruptions; required to meet inflexible deadlines; requires concentration and attention to detail; requires a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
- Standing up to 8 hours per day; Walking up to 8 hours per day on uneven, difficult terrain.
- Regular heavy manual labor to include lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds.
- Regular and repetitive grasping, gripping, reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, squatting, kneeling, and working overhead.
- Frequently works in closed or cramped spaces.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities except as may be assigned from time to time.
- Commitment to the Company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training in the field are preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in the plumbing trade.
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
- Ability to read and understand plumbing and maintenance work orders, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Knowledge of plumbing repair and installation using standard tools and machines.
- Demonstrated writing skills with a focus on technical accuracy, writing quality and clarity are also required.
- Self motivated, punctual, detail oriented and able to work independently
- Comfortable with the operation of a back hoe, ditch witch and other specialty equipment.
- Current Class C Driver’s License with a clean driving record.