Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Extra Per Diem Dental Assistant or Registered Dental
Assistant at our Canby Clinic. This is not a benefited position. Under the supervision of the Clinic Manager.
The Registered Dental Assistant performs the same duties and has the same responsibilities as the Dental
Assistant, but with some additional responsibilities, including supervisory duties.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Prepares dental material correctly, as needed, and in the amount of time sufficient for the procedure but not so
much as to allow wasting of materials.
• Will pull charts ahead of each dental day, and check forms to see if they need to be updated.
• Files charts and x-rays after each dental day.
• Maintaining a sterile and neat working environment.
• Prepares patients for exam and ensures the appropriate x-rays are done. Assists the provider to carry out extraction
and other orthodontic procedures. Carries out scope of practice as ordered by the Dentist.
• Placing and removing dental dressings and taking impressions of teeth as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality on all patients.
• Checks rooms and restocks supplies daily
• Attends annual CPR refresher course, safety and infection control courses and other related in-service programs
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current CPR card.
• Current RDA license for California is applying for RDA.
• Previous training and dental healthcare experience required.
Apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience