Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for an Extra Per Diem Registered Dental Hygienist at our Canby Clinic. This is not a benefited position. Under the supervision of the Clinic Manager. The Registered Dental Hygienist may perform such basic supportive dental procedures under the dentist. Such procedures shall be checked and approved by the supervising dentist prior to dismissal of the patient from the office of said dentist.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Perform preliminary examination, including periodontal charting, intra-and extra-oral examination of soft tissue and taking intra-oral measurements for orthodontic procedures.
• Remove orthodontic bands and check for loose bands and placement of elastic orthodontic separators.
• Mouth-mirror inspection of oral cavity, including charting of obvious lesions, existing restorations, and missing teeth.
• Place or remove temporary sedative dressings as well as post-extraction and periodontal dressings.
• Remove excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth under treatment by means of an ultrasonic scaler.
• Removes excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth with hand instruments or floss.
• Performs coronal polishing and apply topical fluoride, after scaling and polishing.
• Sizing of stainless-steel crowns, temporary crowns and bands as well as temporary cementation and removal of temporary crowns.
• Take impressions for diagnostic and opposing models, bleaching trays, temporary crowns and bridges, and sports guards and other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent and a current RDH license for the State of California.
• Current CPR card.
• Must have an AA or AS degree in dental hygiene.
• One to two years experience as a hygienist preferred.
For an application, visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resources Department or apply on-line at: www.modocmedicalcenter.org. This position is being advertised in-house as well as to the public.
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE