Responsible for the preventative maintenance, day-to-day maintenance, and upkeep of the property, grounds, common areas, sports court, pool, and all related equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
• Perform, administer, and document preventive maintenance programs.
• Respond to emergency situations on short notice.
• Maintain and manage a work order system for the hotel as well as complete work orders on a timely basis and file work orders.
• Responsible for safety and security of flammable and other maintenance items.
• Responsible for cleanliness of parking lot, grounds, picking up and maintaining interior and exterior property, including all trash and cigarette butts.
• Paints and makes minor repairs.
• Monitors parking lot lights and exterior signs.
• Responsible for upkeep of sports court, pool, and equipment.
• Sets-up meeting room facilities (tables, chairs, podiums, equipment, etc.)
• Work directly with the General Manager, AGM, and/or Chief Engineer to identify and accomplish all technical and/or skilled projects within the hotel including but not limited to the following:
• Perform HVAC spring and winter inspections.
• Assist in HVAC unit repair projects.
• Guest room repair issues (caulking, tile repair, painting, plumbing, etc.)
• With GM/AGM, implement and manage hotel key control.
• Repair carpet and tile floor.
• Minor roof repairs, painting projects, and exterior projects.
• Pool/spa repairs.
• With GM, identify skills needed for different projects and train technical people at property.
• Provide ongoing training for property based engineering personnel.
• Perform, schedule, administer and document Suite Care rotation. Maintain proper records utilizing the computer system.
• Proper administration of key control.
• Maintain security for guests and property by keeping room doors locked at all times.
• Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
• Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
• Willingness and ability to train new associates.
• Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
• Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
• Assist other associates as the workload dictates to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
• Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Two years technical maintenance training or maintenance experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations or ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work as a team player with all levels of associates.
• Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
• Good time management skills; multi-tasks skills; ability to prioritize; and coordinate details.
• Flexibility to adjust work priorities as necessary.
• Basic computer skills.
• Know and understand guest needs and expectations.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Skill in operation of tools and equipment listed below.
• Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
• Prompt and regular attendance.
• Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
• Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
• Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
• Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
• Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property documents.
• Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
• Current and valid drivers license.
• Other licenses as required (plumbing, electrical, etc.)
• On-call status
• Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
• Fax machine
• Copy machine
• Steam cleaner; vacuum cleaner; shop vac; commercial floor buffer, polisher.
• Ozone Machine
• Weed-eater, Lawn mower, Power wash equipment
• Hand tools
• Pool equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
• The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require hearing protection while performing some duties.
• Other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, goggles, hard-hat, steel-toe footwear, and other safety equipment may be required.
• Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures and weather conditions.