Will be reporting to Facilities Manager II.
Responsible for oversight, maintenance, and correction of all facility related issues, including compliance of safety concerns and building standards, NRHC key system, HVAC, risk management, building and site grounds maintenance, special projects, moving equipment, supply delivery, relocating staff, and improvements or construction to facilities. Responsible for maintenance and organization of NRHC storage areas. Physically performs maintenance functions and minimizes need for outside services.
High School diploma required, significant experience in construction or facility management. Must be able to operate personal computer. Knowledge of construction principles, safety issues, building maintenance. Ability to think clearly, quickly analyze and solve problems of organization and management; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Perform tasks using own initiative and without detailed instruction. Must be physically able to perform construction, moving, and maintenance tasks and projects. Ability to work a varied schedule as needed for projects and maintenance. May be on-call for facilities emergencies or snow removal. Must maintain confidentiality relating to NRHC personnel, patients, and information which could result in proprietary damage to NRHC.
- Employee must possess a valid California driver’s license, an acceptable driving record and auto liability insurance.
- Regularly Required (8 hours/day) – Sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping, squatting/crouching, balancing, reaching, lifting, twisting/turning, pulling, stand up lifting to 50 pounds.Occasionally Required (Up to 1-2 hours/day) – Exerting up to 100 lbs of force. Occasionally Required (Up to 1-2 hours/day) – Speaking/hearing on phone and in person, reading, writing, close eye work, computer work, repetitive motion of hands, wrists, fingers, fine and gross manipulation, up/down and side/side hand motion.
- Travel by auto to other sites.
- Regularly Required (8 hours/day) – Exercise independent discretion and judgment & problem solving, ability to work with others in a collaborative environment, including fellow employees, the public and vendors, ability to Performed effectively in a fast paced work environment, ability to adapt to and tolerate frequent change and interruptions and meet competing deadlines without sacrificing quality of work or customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and perform maintenance for building to include winterizing buildings, snow removal, HVAC.
- Oversee janitorial contracts for all sites and works with housekeeping staff to resolve any issues or problems.
- Oversee independent contractor agreements for services, ensuring that the work is being done in accordance to the contract documents, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Work with team leaders to determine facility needs and resolves facility problems.
- Perform minor repairs and alterations, including electrical trouble shooting, replacing electrical ballasts, basic plumbing.
- When more significant projects are presented, investigate options and make recommendation for contracted services.
- Workwith the Facilities Manager II to discuss work assignments and status of ongoing projects.
- Ensure that all work assignments are completed timely.
- NRHC key system kept current. Collect and distribute keys to employees as deemed by employee supervisor and human resources. Maintain system of key accountability.
- Represent organization in working with any contractors, city officials, and utility employees.
- Attend meetings as specified by the Facilities Manager II.
- Pick up and deliver supplies from and to NRHC locations as needed.
- All deliveries must be timely and accurate, and any problems reported immediately to the Administrative Assistant.
- Maintain off-site NRHC storage area in orderly manner, disposing of records as needed in the Medical Waste area located at NRHC.
- Furniture moving as needed, including medical exam tables.
- Keep NRHC restrooms clean and stocked as needed on a daily basis.
- Maintain outside grounds, to include plants and litter, around clinic and assure that watering needs are being met.
- Maintain drip irrigation system.
- All outside entrances to the clinic to be swept and trash picked up and removed.
Apply through the Job Opportunities page on our website: www.northeasternhealth.org
Please do not send applications or resumes via email. Only complete applications will be considered.
For general questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org