Job Title: Facility Cook
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: The role of the facility cook is to provide meals for the clients and live-in staff. The cook will be responsible for maintaining the kitchen compliance to policies and procedures of Sierra Health and Wellness LLC and governing agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check temps in all refrigerators and freezers where client food is stored
- Maintain sanitation in kitchen(s) and all other food storage areas to proper health code requirements
- Implement and maintain a food prep schedule
- Provide a weekly menu for meals being served on a weekly basis
- Budget, purchase and inventory all food/kitchen items
- Engage in proper and safe food storage after each meal and date the items
- Secure kitchen tools/knives properly and safely
- Follow the food pyramid to ensure nutrition
- Follow Food Handler’s regulations for proper food preparation, temperatures and cook-times.
- Must be able to safely manage kitchen tools and equipment
- Must have knowledge of state sanitation guidelines
- Have basic knowledge of providing meals to a diverse population
- Executing creativity in the workplace
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain mealtimes
- Be a team player
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- Must have at California Food Handler’s Card
- Have a current physical and TB test on file.
Line of Authority:
The facility cook may have access to a support staff/team who will aid in the daily work load of that department, however the position will always answer to its appropriate site manager.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Salary: $17.00 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com. Include “Facility Cook” as the subject.
Sierra Health & Wellness Centers
2167 Montgomery St.
Oroville, CA 95965Physical and TB Test and Food Handler's CardMinimum Education and Experience