FaithWorks is a faith based non-profit providing shelter and supportive services to various demographics in Shasta County.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director and Program Manager, the Case Manager may assist in performing all aspects of program operations. The Case Manager will carry a fluctuating case load that could include a combination of clients from Francis Court I, II, III, The House of Cornelius and The Options Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties, to help agency operation may be assigned as needed.
· Screen clients to determine appropriateness and eligibility to the program based on program guidelines and client situation
· Intake: Participate in initial assessment procedures for intake to the program.
· Orientation: Participate in client orientation which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
a) Description of the general nature and goals of the program.
b) Explanation of expectations for client conduct and participation.
c) Review, explain and discuss program contract with client.
· Holistic Case Management/Goals Assessment: With support from the case management team, be the point person for coordinating direct client services:
Identify strengths and weaknesses to assist in developing the case plan.
Identify and prioritize challenges needing attention.
Establish agreed-upon immediate and long-term goals.
Identify the resources to be utilized to meet goals
Monitor ongoing progress with the case plan and readjust as needed
Consider attitudes and feeling while motivating and encouraging progress with each client
Coordinate services with and make referrals to outside providers
Establish a plan to maintain progress after client exits program including developing a support system
· Classes and Workshops: Provide individual and group classes for the program clients
Develop, plan and lead classes
· Case Notes and Data Tracking: Complete timely and accurate documentation of all services provided including but not limited to: Application, Goals Assessment, Intake & Exit Documents and Case Notes. Track and enter data on applicable data base and spreadsheets.
· Skills for facilitating classes
· Knowledge of short- and long-term client systems
· Conflict Resolution
· Values Clarification
· Counseling Techniques
· Knowledge of behavioral science and general social work practices
· Documentation Procedures
· Knowledge of community resources available to meet the social, material and physical needs of low-income clients
· Familiarity with challenges specific to the culture of poverty and homelessness• Work with minimum supervision • Work directly with clients, volunteers, and service providers • Comfortably provide faith-based services • Monitor and evaluate program progress and/or effectiveness • Coordinate simultaneous activities in an efficient manner • Ability to refrain from judgments and action based on personal biasesMinimum Education and Experience