GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Family Medicine Physician at WSMC is responsible for providing direct outpatient medical services to WSMC patients. S/he is responsible for rendering services that reflect current standards of medical care appropriate to the local medical community. S/he is responsible for coordination of care as appropriate, and for documentation as appropriate for continuity of care and risk management. S/he serves as a member of the health care team whose goals are described in the WSMC mission statement and assumes responsibility as assigned for quality assurance/quality improvement efforts.
- Ability to obtain license to practice medicine in the state of California
- Preferred board eligible or board certified in family practice.
- Ability to effectively clinically supervise mid-level providers.
- Ability to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care to patients of all ages and both genders, with a high degree of patient satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively with co-staff members in cooperative decision-making.
- Ability to work effectively with staff members and patients from a variety of ethnic, political, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to supporting the mission and principles of the WSMC
Salary range for this position is: $200,000-$250,000 annually.