Job Title: Farm Technician
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: The Farm Technician performs manual and skilled work in the area of rice and row crop production including equipment operation, equipment repair and maintenance, irrigation and research. This position operates farming equipment during the planting and harvest seasons as required. The Farm Technician may perform farm labor as required.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities Farm Operations
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all processes and equipment related to the farm department.
- Perform manual labor tasks.
- Assists with planting and harvest operations.
- Assists with the irrigation of Lundberg Family Farms owned and operated fields.
Equipment Operation & Maintenance
- Operate farm vehicles and other specialized farm equipment, including those equipped with GPS guidance
- Assists with service, repair and maintenance of farm equipment.
- Performs other assignments from time to time as requested by the Farm Manager to achieve department and company business goals.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with Lundberg Family Farms’ Attendance and Punctuality standards.
- Complete training required for position and maintain applicable certifications.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of farm experience related to rice or row crop production
- Must maintain a valid CA driver’s license or in the state of residence and meet insurability standards of our auto insurance carrier, Class A preferred
- Bilingual Spanish
- Knowledge of Organic Farming Practices.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: https://www.lundberg.com/
How to Apply: All interested individuals can apply online at: https://www.lundberg.com/info/employment/
Employer Information: LUNDBERG FAMILY FARMS
5370 Church Street
Richvale, CA 95974