FEATHER FALLS CASINO
Position: Lounge Host
Reports To: Assistant Security Director and/or Director of Security
Under the direction of Casino Surveillance and Casino employees, contacts and evaluates patrons who may be intoxicated to determine when a patron must be refused further service of alcoholic beverages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contacts patrons, interviews and makes determinations as to when a patron requires declination of alcohol service.
• Under the direction of management personnel, i.e., Casino Shift Manager, notifies patrons when they will no longer be able to purchase alcoholic beverages.
• Notifies Casino Surveillance prior to contacting individuals in the Lounge.
• Monitors patron activity in the Lounge and mitigates disturbances.
• When necessary will dispatch Security to handle fights occurring in the Lounge(s).
• Upon request, checks identification to ensure patrons entering the Lounge are of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Writes detailed incident reports for occurrences in the Lounge
• Provides excellent Customer Service to all patrons.
• Must be able to work varied shifts and weekends
• Other duties as assigned.
• Recording and reporting any suspicious activity as defined by the Bank Secrecy Act (Title 31) and Feather falls Casino Internal control policy Suspicious Activity Compliance Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Education Level – High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience – Six months security or police work desirable
• Able to identify the signs and symptoms of intoxication.
• Must demonstrate good problem solving capabilities, using diplomacy and tact in dealing with intoxicated persons.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Must be able to converse in English and to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Class A Gaming License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to tobacco smoke, loud noises, and bright lights.