JOB SUMMARY: Starting Wage: $15.00/hour Status: Part-Time Under general supervision performs maintenance and related activities by operating various light and heavy motorized vehicles and equipment within assigned district.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position specific tasks.
- Assists in repairs and maintenance of District facilities and parks.
- Performs landscape maintenance activities; repairs and maintains irrigation systems; repairs and replaces water and drainage lines, pathways and parking areas; prunes and trims trees and removes shrubs and other greenery. These activities require manual labor.
- Maintains shrubs and bushes in healthy condition; identifies diseases and pests; applies a variety of pesticides and treatments to control and eliminate the spread of weeds and pests; assures correct and safe application of all products.
- Performs landscape construction; prepares site; initiates excavation; trenches for installation of irrigation, electrical conduit and drainage systems; performs filling, grading and compacting of building sites and driveways; dissects and removes concrete and asphalt; pours concrete and lays asphalt; builds retaining walls; prepares soil; plants new landscape.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Operates a wide range of heavy equipment and mechanical tools.
- Installs and cleans culverts and other related facilities.
- Performs maintenance and minor repairs on various equipment.
- Hauls materials and transports vehicles and equipment to job sites using various trucks.
- Operates equipment for grass and weed mowing.
- Cleans with high-pressure water equipment.
- Makes repairs using hand and power tools.
- Services and maintains all aspects of buildings and equipment owned by the District.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, equipment and materials used for maintenance.
- Knowledge of pertinent District policies and procedures, employee handbook (including safety program).
- Knowledge of vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of landscape and irrigation operations.
- Knowledge of landscaping equipment and basic repair.
- Skill in operating various vehicles and light to heavy maintenance equipment.
- Skill in following and effectively communicating verbal instructions.
- Skill in operating independently and as a team member.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, other District employees and the public.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- One (1) year of experience in landscape maintenance or construction required.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- A valid State of California class ‘C’ driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record required.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor environment.
- May be required to lift and carry items more than 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals, extreme weather conditions and infectious diseases.
How to Apply: Please visit www.frrpd.com to see job description, complete an application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can stop by the District Admin office and pick up a hardcopy: 1875 Feather River Blvd Oroville, CAMinimum Education and Experience
About Feather River Recreation & Park District - Oroville, CA
Feather River Park District: Maintenance Department has a part time position open