Fort Bidwell Tribal Environmental Protection Dept. is looking for a Field Worker. This position is part-time and temporary/seasonal.
Wage Rate: $14/hr
- Installs fencing and informative signs for protection of waterbodies
- Performs field labor duties according to environmental grant work plan tasks as determined by the Environmental Director
- Works as a general laborer in the field for restoration activities
- Maintains field equipment in good working order
In order to qualify for the position, applicant must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, OR 2 years experience in relevant field
- Must be able to hike in rough terrain and around waterbodies, such as streams and ponds
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy objects without assistance from others
- Must be able to easily carry a moderately heavy pack or other equipment in the field
- Must be able to work for eight hours in the field performing manual labor tasks
- Candidate must successfully pass a background investigation
- Must be able to greet and talk with all people in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner on the phone and in person
Applications accepted from public; however, Native American Indian preference shall apply to this position pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (24 U.S.C. 450, et seq.), 25 CFR 271.44 and other relevant laws (title 25, U.S. code, Section 472 & 473)