Under direction, to provide lead responsibility for assigned daily operations of the Financial Aid office; to participate in the work of financial aid technicians; to draft and implement as approved departmental forms, policies and procedures based on state, federal and institutional regulations; to exchange data and coordinate with external agencies on financial aid matters; to perform other related duties as assigned.
The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each employee in the job title.
- Provides lead responsibility for the Financial Aid front line, including lead direction to Financial Aid Technicians and financial aid office student staff, including assigning, reviewing and correcting work, and providing training and direction
- Provides lead responsibility for Financial Aid electronic data exchanges with the federal government and daily operations of the Banner Financial Aid module; including troubleshooting
- Resolves the more difficult and complex financial aid questions and problems
- Provides in-depth financial aid counseling and advising to families and students, which include attempting to resolve problematic circumstances
- Maintains financial aid website and self-service pages
- Reviews external regulations and requirements affecting financial aid, and drafts appropriate forms, procedures and policies to ensure compliance
- Establishes procedures for and coordinates electronic processing, reporting and submissions with State and Federal financial aid organizations and systems
- Maintains overall financial records and reconciliations for financial aid
- Authorizes financial aid disbursements; including emergency loans, appeals, waivers, etc.
- Provides services and educates students and prospective students regarding Veteran’s Benefits
- Evaluates student aid recipients for continued eligibility, and revises or cancels aid
- Participates in the work of Financial Aid Technicians such as guiding and advising students, prospective students and parents concerning financial aid programs, processes and regulations and explaining complex policies and procedures. Uses the BANNER System on a daily basis to track documents, revise awards, update student information and to generate reports
- Researches, assembles, and summarizes a variety of information and statistical data; assists the Financial Aid Director in the compilation of various reports
- Coordinates financial aid services with other Student Service Departments to obtain and relay information related to specific student needs and financial status
- May supervise student employees
- Participates in professional development activities and attends training workshops
- Coordinates the processing and awarding of FRC Foundation, Institutional, and various private student scholarships
- Prepares warrant cancellation requests; initiates and monitors financial aid holds
- Coordinates special events that relate to financial aid services
- Provides back-up assistance to other departments as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
About Feather River Collage
Feather River College is a public, two year community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.