The Financial Management Analyst (FMA) I/II/III position, under general supervision or direction, provides financial management analysis and analytical assistance in the planning, development, and administration of assigned programs and projects including budget and financial analysis and reporting, grants management and reporting, contract administration, training and development, and/or legislative analysis and regulatory compliance; researches and analyzes programs, conducts needs analyses, feasibility studies, and evaluations, and makes recommendations for program, policy, and procedural improvement related to the accurate reporting of revenues, expenditures, and fund balances and transactions; develops complex accounting and financial systems; and performs related duties as assigned in the Health and Human Services Agency. The FMA I position is the entry level classification in the series. The FMA II is the journey level classification in series. The FMA III is the advanced journey-level classification in the series. This position is scheduled for forty (40) hours per week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Processes, analyzes, and reconciles accounting and financial transactions such as cost allocations, journal entries, and fund reconciliations; reviews, approves, and posts receipts, disbursements, and related financial transactions to the general ledger; prepares, updates, and presents financial reports.
• Performs professional-level financial management analysis and program analysis work in the planning, development, and administration of assigned programs and projects, including budget and financial analysis and reporting, grants management and reporting, contract development and administration, training and development, and/or legislative analysis and regulatory compliance.
• Make recommendations regarding funding levels and methods to maximize and leverage multiple funding sources for projects and programs.
Any combination of training, experience and educational degrees that would likely provide the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Substitutions may be made on a year for year basis. A typical
way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
I – At least one (1) year of professional accounting or financial analysis experience. II – At least one (1) year of professional level accounting or financial analysis experience as Financial Management Analyst I in Glenn County, or two (2) years of professional accounting or financial analysis experience in a private or public entity. III – At least one (1) year of professional level accounting or financial analysis experience as Financial Management Analyst II in Glenn County, or three (3) years of professional accounting or financial analysis experience in a private or public entity.
I/II/III – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday, June 2, 2023
I-$28.21 – $34.28 Per Hour
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Plus an excellent benefits package.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
To apply for this job opportunity, submit a completed County of Glenn employment application packet online at calopps.org or to the Personnel Department: 525 W. Sycamore Street, Willows, CA 95988 by
5:00 P.M., Friday, June 2, 2023.
Application packets must include the following
• A Glenn County Employment Application • Résumé
• Transcripts and/or Certificates • Cover Letter
THE SELECTION PROCESS: Candidates must submit a completed job application, resume and cover letter. Application packets will be screened and candidates considered best qualified will move forward to a competitive examination process, which may include a written exam, practical skills exam, an oral interview, fingerprinting/background check or medical examination process if applicable. Eligible lists are used for FullTime (40 hrs./wk. with benefits)