The Family Service Coordinator provides service coordination for families with children prenatal through age five. This coordination is intended to help families navigate eligibility requirements for special education services, identify service barriers, community supports, transition points and service linkages. Family Services Coordinator also provides information, parent-to-parent support, and referrals to community resources, and works with the community of professionals involved with those children and families.
• Provide direct early childhood development services in home, office, and/or by text and phone.
• Provide referrals regarding special education, child development and family services, and resources to families/caretakers by phone, email and in person or virtually. • Maintain confidential information of children and families.
• Data collection and data entry including coordinating ASQ Online and Imagination Library enrollments.
• Coordinate scheduling and facilitating events, including family activities.
• Provide community outreach as a presenter and/or event participant.
• Represent First 5 Plumas at multi-agency meetings.
• Be available to work some evenings and weekends.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. May substitute an Associate in ECE/Child Development and relevant experience in family services or a Bachelor degree in related field and relevant experience.
• Familiarity with special education and other services that support children with delays/disabilities. Prefer a parent/care taker of a child with special needs.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with families and community partners.
• Value and respect for diversity of culture, families, circumstances, and viewpoints.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with computer use including Microsoft Office and database use.
• Comfortable with Public Speaking. Prefer bi-lingual, Spanish/English speaking.
• Must have operating vehicle, current CA driver license, and be able to travel (mileage is reimbursed)
About First 5 Plumas
First 5 Plumas' mission is to provide a comprehensive system of early childhood development services, on a countywide basis, to all children prenatal to age five. Through the integration of health care, quality child care, and parent education, children will be provided with the support necessary to ensure that they are healthy, resilient, well adjusted, and ready to succeed when they enter kindergarten.