CLOSING DATE OF ANNOUNCEMENT: Until Filled First Cut-Off Date 04/05/2021
Second Cut-Off Date 04/29/2021
Third Cut-Off Date 05/13/2021
Final Cut-Off Date 05/27/2021
STARTING SALARY: $14.00 to $16.04/ hr. DOE
POSITION CLASS: Non-Exempt
SUBJECT TO P.L. 101-630: Yes
BENEFITS: Highly competitive package *See below
This position works with and around our children and youth and is therefore subject to P.L.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fitness Center Attendant will provide supervision for the SIR Fitness Center.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise clients who are using the exercise equipment and facility.
• Open and close the facility for operations hours.
• Report broken equipment and safety hazards to supervisor.
• Ensure security and cleanliness of equipment and facility.
• Maintain progress record for clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good communication skills.
1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited high school.
2. Must have a valid California driver’s license or license from current residence state.
3. Must pass P.L. 101-630 background check.
4. Must pass pre-employment drug test.
5. Must have a valid CPR card or be able to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire date.
6. Must be willing to travel for training.
1. PHYSICAL SAFETY: The work requires minor physical exertion, such as short periods of standing, walking over rough uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Job may require recurring lifting of lightweight objects with infrequent bending or stooping alternating with the lighter activities. Job requires minimal agility and dexterity.
2. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
• Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
• Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards.
• Interact in an honest, trustworthy and respectful manner with employees, visitors and vendors.
• Participate in departmental staff meetings, quality management activities, cultural and educational programs.
• Comply with policies and procedures.
• Display respect and understanding of Susanville Indian Rancheria’s traditions and values.
• The way the employee relates to fellow employees, customers and visitors is considered parallel in importance to technical knowledge and ability.
• Any attitude or behavior that will tarnish the name or reputation of the Susanville
Indian Rancheria will not be tolerated and is subject to disciplinary action.
1st Preference: Enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe.
2nd Preference: Documented proof of Veteran Status, i.e. DD-214, Veterans Benefit Card.
3rd Preference: All other applicants.
SIR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
The Susanville Indian Rancheria offers its full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package, including: annual cost-of-living increases (based on SSA COLA); eligibility for annual merit increases; twelve paid holidays; thirteen days paid sick leave; up to twenty-six days paid annual leave (depending on length of service); maternity leave; paternity leave; affordable group health, dental, vision, and life insurance; and 401(k) retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants are required to submit a Susanville Indian Rancheria/ Lassen Indian Health Center application. Applications can be found on our website at: www.sir-nsn.gov/human-resources/ (SIR – LIHC – Gaming Commission Application for Employment P.L. 101-630 Requirements)
or picked up at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, CA.
Only complete applications will be considered. For your application to be considered complete you must attach the following:
1. Completed Susanville Indian Rancheria/Lassen Indian Health Center Application.
2. Copy of your High School Diploma AND College Degree or transcripts documenting your graduation or completion of your Degree.
3. Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
4. Copy of any other certifications required.
5. Copy of Tribal Card, if claiming Indian Preference.
6. Copy of DD214 or other proof of Veteran status, if claiming Veteran’s Preference.
7. An additional statement on how you meet each minimum and additional
and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Completed applications can be dropped off in person to the Human Resources Office at 745 Joaquin Street, Susanville, California, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. They may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (530) 257-1895 or mailed to the above address.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.