Now Hiring Drivers! Starting Wage 18.50 after training
Join the Transdev team and launch your career! Our drivers safely and efficiently transport the local community to work, school, shopping, medical appointments, personal trips, and other destinations.
At Transdev, we are taking actions to protect and take care of our employees and customers.
Here is what we’re doing to keep you and us healthy:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
What we offer:
- $18.50/hourly starting rate after training
- Union Medical/Dental/Vision health benefits*
- Union Pension *
- Paid time off and holidays*
- Ability to advance your career
- Operators shall complete pre-trip inspections prior to pull-out and post-trip inspections following pull-in. During the post-trip inspections, operators must perform a thorough walk through of the bus, pick up any loose trash or debris, and ensure there are no passengers still on board.
- Operators log-in to the AVL system prior to scheduled pull-out from the operating division and/or start of revenue service, whichever occurs earlier or first.
- Operators shall report emergencies (i.e., accidents, incidents, suspicious activity or packages, and fires), service disruptions, and other occurrences.
- Operators shall accommodate use of the vehicle mounted bicycle rack.
- Operators shall ensure fare collection and recording of each boarding by fare type, including recording of non-fare boarding as set forth by the Client and regional fare policies. Operators shall:
- Operators must log on to fareboxes via Single-Sign-On or manual log-on.
- Fares are charged and collected from passengers at the point of boarding. Fares are charged and collected from passengers at the point of boarding.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Operators must have a valid drivers’ license for the past five (5) years including a national driver’s license verification and background check.
- All driver must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must exhibit proficiency in the English language.
- Must be able to read a map, possess knowledge of the service area, and be able to pass vision, road, and math, map tests, etc.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be hospitable, guest/customer service oriented, and be willing to serve the needs of passengers.
- Must complete and sign a Transdev employment application in its entirety.
- An unjustified refusal to supply requested information of a falsification of information will result in the elimination of the applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history. Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on the application and must include the past 10 years of employment, when applicable.
- You must sign a FCRA form and complete a background release
- Licensing and Certification:
- Must have maintained a valid driver’s license for three years and must possess a current valid Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL) at the time of application.
- Drivers shall not possess two (2) or more moving violations within the past 35 months.
- Drivers with three (3) or more moving violations within the past 36 months will not be able to operate any County owned/leased vehicle.
- If an applicant’s license has ever been suspended, the applicant must have two (2) full years with no violations.
- Must have a complete and certified driving record less than 30 days old. No more than 2 points.
- Ability to obtain and maintain for the duration of employment a Passenger for Hire Badge, if applicable.
- Valid CDL license with passenger endorsement and airbrakes for CDL positions.
- Must present an original Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) issued within the last 30 days and according to company, state and contract requirements. You must meet the following standards:
- No homicide, manslaughter, or assault convictions associated with the operation of a motor vehicle.
- No convictions for driving while intoxicated within the past seven (7) years.
- No more than two (2) minor moving violations within the past 35 months.
- No major moving violations within the past 36 months, including but not limited to: failure to stop at the scene of an accident, driving with a revoked license, possession of an opened alcoholic container, attempting to elude an officer, etc.
- No more than one (1) ticketed at-fault accident within the past 36 months.
- Transdev will review the existence of any violations or convictions and may deny employment based on a violation, conviction, or pattern of violations/convictions indicating safety risks.
- Must undergo a pre-employment drug test and physical by a company appointed Physician/facility and receive clearance.
- Random drug testing will be performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations as sanctioned by the Department of
Transportation, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 95% of work is accomplished in a revenue vehicle.
- 5% of work is pre-trip and fueling
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of passengers and materials. Must be able to lift or handle up to 50-100 pounds (i.e., strapping in passengers and the loading and unloading passengers, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Category: Driver/Operator – Bus, Paratransit, Taxi, Limo, Shuttle
Job Type: Full TimeAt least 21 years of ageMinimum Education and Experience