ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position involves general food service duties such as food production and prepping and loading of delivery vehicles and
delivering meals to various school sites. This position requires the ability to prioritize work as necessary, under fast paced conditions.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assists in food prep, packaging and/or serving of food for various meal programs.
2. Follows food safety and sanitation procedures.
3. Performs general kitchen operations and related duties.
4. Drives to various sites for delivery of meals.
5. Loads and unloads delivery vehicles.
6. Checks that items transported are accurately accounted for when delivered.
7. Carries out written and oral instructions.
8. Must be cognizant of vehicle function and operation. Reports any malfunctions or defects or needed service to the
9. Knowledgeable of all California laws regarding the operation of delivery vehicle
10. Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned by the Food Service Director or Manager.
1. Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D)
2. Valid current California driver’s license. Employees in this classification must maintain insurability and possess a
satisfactory driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Food Handlers Certificate.
2. Knowledge of Food Safety and Sanitation procedures.
3. Correct use, cleaning and maintenance of institutional kitchen equipment.
4. Knowledge of general kitchen operations and related duties.
5. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
6. Work independently and have good organizational skills.
7. Ability to meet time schedules and perform work efficiently under fast paced conditions.
8. Ability to stand for prolonged periods. Significant physical abilities include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling,
balancing, reaching, handling, hearing and near/far vision acuity.
9. Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously with co-workers, school site staff and public.
10. Possess current and maintain California Driver’s License.
11. Ability to drive van or truck for deliveries.
12. Perform simple arithmetic. Count money.
13. Basic computer skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and minimally outdoors.
2. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
3. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as sanitizing and cleaning products.
4. The employee must be able to work under fast paced conditions and meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requirements / Qualifications
A Complete Application Includes The Following:
- Copy of Transcript (if available)
- Proof of HS Graduation (or equivalent)
- DMV Printout (upon hire)
- Letter of Introduction
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (3)
- TB Screening Result (upon hire)
Wage range: $16.80 to $21.81
Apply: go to: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1799910Minimum Education and Experience