The Nutrition Services Food Service Worker assists the Cook in variety of tasks related to the preparation and serving of food and assembling patient trays per Patient Diet Order. The Nutrition Services Food Service Workers duties include, but are not limited to, the following: operates dishwasher and other mechanical equipment; stocks and records necessary supplies; general cleaning both per posted schedule and as needed; maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen per state and federal guidelines; and performing general department duties as requested and needed. Must be able and willing to work a split shift and week-ends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Cook with the preparation of Patient meal trays
- Stores and stocks food supplies in designated areas.
- Washes and stores dishes, pots, pans and utensils.
- Maintains department cleanliness by accomplishing daily cleaning assignments
- Able to use kitchen equipment
- Assembles patient trays
- Delivers loaded meal carts to patient areas and Luncheon Carts to designated area.
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers for overall efficiency of the department.