Seasonal technical position supporting forest management in Southern Oregon and Northern California. The position will involve marking timber, timber sale prep, collecting forest inventory data, assisting staff biologist reporting to Lands Manager.
Forest Inventory Data Collection and Measurement:
- Conduct pre and post-harvest forest inventories
- Work with supervisor and area foresters to coordinate marking schedule;
- Mark timber for harvest
- Successfully implement various silviculture prescription including layout
Timber Harvest Layout and Planning:
- Flag property boundaries, watercourse protection zones and other areas as needed;
- Support forestry research projects in cooperation with University of California, California Others duties as assigned.
- Must be located near Lakeview, Oregon
- Demonstrate technical forestry skills and knowledge about timber marking, mensuration, forest management, logging, silviculture, and timber harvest planning.
- Able to perform rigorous, field-based work in all weather conditions, on steep, brush-filled terrain.
- Exceptional curiosity and willingness to learn; demonstrated collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Be able to safely conduct field-based forestry work in all conditions
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
• Associate’s degree or the equivalent education and/or experience in forestry, biology, forest engineering, natural resource management, economics, business, plant biology, plant genetics, or agriculture sciences
- Prior field experience in forestry and been a member of a functioning team
- Chainsaw and general mechanical knowledge
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, twist, stand, walk, climb, kneel, and carry heavy items; pushing, pulling and lifting weights of up to 50 pounds
- Work takes place outdoors during all weather conditions, therefore variable temperature and weather conditions occur.
$17.00 – 19.00/hr.
Resume Closing Date
Open Until Filled
Apply Online at: http://www.collinsco.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)