Forklift and Building Materials Operator – Redding, CA-01018423
$1,000 HIRING BONUS!
Weyerhaeuser Distribution is a leader in distributing building products for residential, light commercial and home improvement applications worldwide.
We have an immediate opening for a Forklift and Building Materials Operator at our Redding Distribution Center, and we encourage you to review the responsibilities and qualifications and apply today!
Competitive pay and excellent benefits
Entry level pay rates start at $16 per hour.
$1,000 hiring bonus
- Safely operate and maintain propane or gas forklift to move products from stock lines to staging and/or cut stations
- Safely load products
- Ensure accountability for personal safety and the safety of others by addressing any unsafe practices observed
- Wear all personal protective equipment required
- Accurately perform basic math skills such as adding, subtracting and multiplying
- Accurately count units, record totals and document shipping and receiving activities
- Develop in‑depth knowledge of building material products and warehouse operations
- Be highly attentive and adaptive to warehouse routines
- Commit to quality, efficiency and continuous process improvement.
This is not an inside warehouse position. This role will perform manual labor 55- 65% of the time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience operating a sit-down forklift with 9,000 to 17,500-pound forklift capacity
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move or slide up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to operate a chainsaw with a 24” bar
- Willingness to work outside in the elements five days a week and occasional Saturdays depending on business needs
- Computer skills: SAP or other Warehouse Management Systems
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
What will make you stand out:
- 2 or more years of experience operating a 9,000 to 17,500-pound forklift
- Wood products cutting experience
- Building materials distribution work experience/ background
- Knowledge of building materials/construction background
About Wood Products:
We’ve been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Primary Location USA-CA-Redding
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Paid Holidays Paid Vacation Medical Insurance 401K with employer match Ongoing training and career advancement