FREED is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our finance and administrative staff. This position reports to directly to the Finance Manager. Ideal candidate has a desire to deliver solid accounting services for a busy non-profit serving individuals with disabilities.
Our ideal candidate has:
· Experience and comfort with Excel, Outlook, Word, and accounting software, such as Sage, Quickbooks or other accounting systems. Some payroll experience would be a plus.
· Accounting knowledge and experience, including accounts payable, accounts receivable billing, cash management, journal entries, accruals, general ledger, as well as being able to read and understand monthly financials statements and budgets.
· Ability to work collaboratively with the Finance Manager in any other accounting tasks as required, such as the annual audit, grant audits, budgets, etc.
· AA degree/Certificate in Accounting or higher is preferred, and/or a proven track record of solid accounting experience.
· Excellent ethics and analytical abilities are must-haves, as well as the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, work independently as well as collaboratively, and maintain excellent communication and interpersonal skills with other staff members.
· Accounting experience in a non-profit accounting environment, including grant management and billing, would be a big plus but is not required.
· Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Please email application or resume to jobs@FREED.orgMinimum Education and Experience
FREED is a local disability and aging resource center serving people of all ages and with any type of disability living in Nevada, Sierra, Yuba, Sutter and Colusa Counties. FREED provides a variety of services and programs to support people with disabilities and older adults to live, work and play in the community.