Agency Description: Founded in San Mateo, California, in 1964, Caminar’s thriving programs and services serve more than 14,000 individuals annually across San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Solano, and Butte Counties. Our nonprofit organization’s portfolio of behavioral health and supportive services empowers and supports individuals and families to move toward resilience, wellness, and independence. And, we are expanding our capacity to address the increasingly complex needs of individuals and families.
Position Description: Under supervision of the Program Manager, the Facilitator provides wide-ranging supervision and support to Consumers with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. The objective of these services is to increase independence and to promote personal growth and integration within the community. The Facilitator will provide services to Consumers of Far Northern Regional Center. Consistent availability and reliable attendance with an ability to maintain a flexible work schedule within established program service hours is essential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to consumers by assisting in the development and implementation of all individual service plans (ISPs). Meet as required with direct supervisor to ensure successful implementation of ISPs, use of appropriate instructional methods, and coordination of services with other involved providers and family members.
- Assist with and instruct interpersonal and socialization skill development and recreational activities.
- Assist consumers in connecting with and maintaining relationships in order to more actively participate in their communities.
- Develop and maintain a respectful, caring, tolerant, ethical and empowering relationship with all individuals served while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Maintain a minimum of 75% of total time worked in the provision of identified billable/direct services.
- Document activities of consumers served; complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in all team meeting as scheduled and share information regarding all important interventions.
- Report any “at risk,” unusual, or illegal activity to supervisor and/or management in a timely manner.
- Drive personal or agency vehicle; document and report mileage according to agency procedures; comply with agency vehicle/driver policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend all required in-person curriculum as assigned.
- Participate in promoting a safe, healthy and clean working environment at all times consistent with applicable laws, industry standards and the agency’s own Health & Safety Program.
- Complete and submit accurate electronic time sheets and absence reports to program management in a timely manner.
- Promote within the agency and with the general public the philosophy and practice of social rehabilitation.
- Actively nurture and advance the cooperative, harmonious, and teamwork-oriented environment Caminar strives to promote within the workplace through daily efforts and presentation.
- Promote an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the organization’s mission, philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires an understanding, appreciation, and unwavering commitment to the philosophy and mission of Caminar.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in psychology or mental health related field is preferred.
- Minimum one year of demonstrated work experience with ID/DD is preferred.
- Assist individuals with physical disabilities and/or limited mobility. Maneuver wheelchairs in the community. May need to push, pull and lift wheelchair onto ramps.
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including email and internet navigation required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.
- Must demonstrate acceptable level of maturity, good judgement, professional boundaries, and emotional stability.
- Problem-solving: manage difficult customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, and solicit customer feedback to improve services.
- Oral and written communication: speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Complete written progress notes and other formal communications skillfully and professionally.
- Quality management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability: is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security: actively promotes, and personally observes, safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical, Environmental and Mental Requirements:
- Physical: Occasionally required to push/pull objects up to 50 lbs. and to lift/carry objects up to 50 lbs. Occasionally required to assist individuals with physical disabilities and/or limited mobility. Required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs and sit for extended periods.
- Sensory: Required to read documents, written reports and plans. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering the phone, interacting with Consumers and staff etc. Must be able to speak clearly and understand/be understood using the English language.
- Cognitive: Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for 20- 45 minutes at a time. Frequently required to understand and relate to specific ideas, several at a time. Must be able to remember multiple tasks/assignments given to self and others over a period of several days.
- Environmental Conditions: Frequent exposure to varied office, retail, community and mixed (residential/office/community) environments. Occasional exposure to toxins and poisonous substances, dust and loud noises.
- Equipment: required to use a computer and phone.
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Caminar practices.
- This position requires driving. A valid California driver license of at least two years and an MVR sufficient to obtain and reasonably maintain insurability under agency auto liability policies are essential job requirements. Personal auto insurance and reliable personal vehicle may be required and are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to pass post-offer, pre-employment medical and drug tests as required under state Community Care Licensing regulations and/or agency policies.
- May be required to obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certifications.
Caminar is a leader in providing innovative client-oriented mental health services. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our web site at www.caminar.org
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with “Friendship Circle Facilitator” as the subject.Minimum Education and Experience