Front Desk Clerk
Responsible for answering and transferring phone calls, checking guests in and out of the hotel, taking reservations and interacting with guests to provide the best quality service possible. Performs sales and customer service functions related to guest registration, reservations, and revenue collections, in a manner that will ensure hotel guests receive a secure place to stay with friendly, attentive service.
Swing Shift 2pm – 10pm, 3-4 days per week
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Communicate with Manager regarding status of groups.
- Communicate with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting VR rooms.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to Manager/Supervisor and team members both verbally and in writing via log-book. Update as necessary.
- Pass on pertinent information to next shift: Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities.
- Assist team with training, supplies and support in order to consistently provide Brand quality service.
- Register guests, assign rooms, & issue room keys.
- Make courtesy call to guests to assure their complete satisfaction with their room, etc.
- Schedule and make Wake-up Calls.
- Receive and transmit messages.
- Keep records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Present statements to and collect payments from departing guests.
- Provide solutions to problems for guests, associates and management. Use empowerment to exceed associate/guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Schedule dry cleaning service, post to guest folio and deliver to guest rooms.
- Perform administrative functions for guests, i.e., faxing, coping, mailing, over-night mail service, and other clerical duties.
- Implement, monitor and carryout guest honors program.
- Clean and maintain organized work area. Stock all printers and restock any guest supplies needed at front desk.
- Clean, organize, and maintain lobby area (news papers, coffee table, clean doors, windows, etc. as necessary).
- Post grocery-shopping tickets.
- Coordinate meeting room function book; booking and quoting dates; coordinating with other department’s food and beverage setups including coordinating the room facility, setups and breakdown.
- Posting charges and expenses to the folio for the meeting room for guests.
- Deliver requested amenities to guest rooms (rollaway beds, cribs, pillows, blankets, towels, small amenity items, etc.).
- Verify bucket-check against computer information.
- Count drawers, make deposit drop verified by witness, and run initials.
- Close and balance shift.
- Communicate with Housekeeping Supervisor regarding early and late check-ins, checkouts, stay-overs, and special requirements for amenities.
- Document all maintenance related requests in the Maintenance Request Log/or Work Order Book.
- May perform housekeeping and minor maintenance duties as needed or requested by management.
- Use empowerment to exceed associate expectations and resolve conflicts.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Proper administration of key control.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Six months to one year related experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of
the general public conducting business with the property.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and excellent telephone skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations or ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work as a team player with all levels of associates.
• Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
• Good time management skills; multi-tasks skills; ability to prioritize; and coordinate details.
• Flexibility to adjust work priorities as necessary.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Computer skills required.
• Skill in operation of tools and equipment listed below.
• Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
• Prompt and regular attendance.
• Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
• Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
• Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
• Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
• Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property and IMM documents.
• Immediately report any suspicious activities by guests or others.
• Ability to successfully complete brand standard training including brand service training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
• The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.