Responsible for preparing, setting up, and replenishing a variety of food and beverage items, cleaning and maintaining kitchen and eating areas; greeting and serving guests.
6am to 2pm, Sat & Sun
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
• Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
• Performs a variety of food preparation duties, such as repairing hot and cold breakfast foods and drinks.
• Immaculately cleans and maintains kitchen, equipment, utensils, service and eating areas.
• Brews coffee, tea, etc.
• Operates cooking equipment.
• Orders supplies, puts up stock, and keeps records.
• Maintains Brand Standards and Health Department requirements.
• Responsible for setting up and replenishing all food items.
• Greets and serves guests as demand is needed.
• May be required to run Micros (register) collecting money and balancing.
• May be required to stock the bar; to assist with setup and breakdown of meeting rooms; and handle the refresh / coffee breaks.
• Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
• Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
• Use empowerment to exceed associate / guest expectations and resolve conflicts.
• Proper administration of key control.
• Willingness and ability to train new associates.
• Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
• Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
• Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
• Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Saturday & Sunday 6am – 2pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• No prior experience is required, but is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and financial matters and information related to the property, owner(s), partners, guests, associates, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a courteous, tactful and patient manner with other associates, management, guests, vendors, suppliers, and other members of the general public conducting business with the property.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace, high-energy and demanding work environment.
• Basic knowledge of hotel operations or ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work as a team player with all levels of associates.
• Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Ability to solve basic equipment problems and/or who to contact for resolution.
• Skilled in operation of tools and equipment listed below.
• Complete knowledge of Emergency Equipment Manual, i.e., utility and water shutoff equipment, fire alarm system/panel and emergency procedures, etc.
• Prompt and regular attendance.
• Work flexible hours and/or overtime as required. The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work and overtime as required.
• Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
• Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
• Participate in all mandatory job training and meetings.
• Adhere to property policies and procedures, the Employee Handbook, and/or other property documents.
• Electric chaffing dishes
• Commercial coffee machine
• Juice machine
• Tea machine
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to sit;
regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear.
• The associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Associate may be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) while performing certain duties.