Position: Front Desk Receptionist – Full Time – Portola
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00/per hour, DOE
Hours: 40 hours/week
Supervisor: Executive Director
The primary duty of the Front Desk Receptionist is to act as first point of contact for clients, volunteers and the general public, provides exemplary customer service; answers general questions regarding the operation of PCIRC and partner agencies, and appropriately refers / directs clients when needed. This key position must be able to deal with a wide variety of personalities in a professional and courteous manner, while fulfilling the specific duties of the job. This person will provide general clerical support for staff; work both independently and within a team atmosphere.
The mission statement and shared values are contained in PCIRC’s Policies and Procedures Handbook for Employees, and are posted in the workplace.
- Represent Plumas Crisis Intervention and Resource Center in all contacts with volunteers, clients and community members.
- Promote the vision, mission and purpose of the agency.
- Develop a relationship with other staff, volunteers and clients that will promote the well being of the individual, the organization, and the community at large.
- Comply with all federal, state, local, and grant/contract requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Executive Director and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
- Clerical Duties:
- a) Answer multiple lines telephone system and direct calls appropriately; take and deliver accurate and timely messages
- b) Professionally and in a customer-focused manner, greet and refer clients to various services and agencies
- c) Manage the traffic flow of the reception area including the general ambience of the environment.
- d) Work with clients on the completion of intake forms and other paperwork
- e) Use good time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to balance direct customer service responsibilities with clerical duties.
- f) Distribute mail; track postage.
- g) Answer and direct incoming calls using a multi-line telephone in a fast-paced office setting where friendly, timely and professional customer service is essential.
- h) Maintain files and records.
- i) Type or re-key forms, documents, letters, labels, etc.
- j) Organize and prioritize job duties, following written and verbal instructions
- k) Facilitate special projects and other duties as assigned
- l) Track customer services and referral data as directed; enter data into the agency’s database.
- m) Provide input, initiate, and embrace changes that will continually improve systems and processes to best meet the needs of our clients.
- n) Maintain the Resource Center lobby, computer lab, coffee station, lounge area and conference areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- o) Maintain a trouble log, identifying building, equipment and other general maintenance requirements, and as assigned, coordinate with management to arrange for maintenance.
- p) Maintain and track an inventory of PCIRC office supplies, ordering as needed and approved by E.D..
- q) Submit monthly reports to the Executive Director for distribution to the Board of Directors
- r) Attend staff meetings and training as scheduled
- s) Other duties as assigned.
- Essential Functions
- a) Maintain high level of confidentiality according to grant requirements from the Rape Crisis Centers, Plumas Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- b) Demonstrate consistent attendance and punctuality.
- c) Exercise objective judgment in analyzing and solving customer service issues.
- d) Must be able to produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- e) Competent ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing and data-gathering software.
- f) g) Must be able to work effectively both independently and within a team setting.
- g) Ability to type, accurately, 40 – 60 wpm.
- h) Must be able to appropriately use office equipment, including fax, multi-line telephone, copy machine.
- i) Lift 25 lbs., to waist height, turning twisting and transporting same.
- j) Operate a motor vehicle, or arrange transportation to accomplish duties.
- Minimum Qualifications
- a) AA or higher degree
- b) Two years of clerical or business- related college level study, or three to five years of clerical / business experience.
- c) Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training and/or meetings; therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle to perform duties.
- d) Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, have own vehicle and have an excellent driving record.
- e) Proficient with Microsoft Office products, desktop publishing, and Internet applications
- f) Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the duties identified in this job description
- g) Knowledge of community resources, their referral processes, and services provided
- h) Demonstrate knowledge of – and empathy for – low income and diverse population groups
- i) Demonstrate knowledge of effective communication and motivation skills
- j) Must be able to maintain client confidentiality
- k) Must possess the ability to present a cordial demeanor to clients while maintaining professional boundaries
- l) Must be able to successfully complete required 80 hour crisis line training
- m) Bilingual, Spanish-speaking a plus, but not necessary
- Other Position Requirements:
- a) Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law.
- b) Must agree to a background check required to work with youth and special populations.
- c) Must provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment.
- d) Acknowledge that PCIRC is an “at will” employer; therefore, any employee may resign at any time, just as the agency may terminate the employment relationship with any employee at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, to the other party.
Please submit this job description, and a current resume to:
ATTN: SEARCH COMMITTEE
P.O. Box 3005
Quincy CA 95971