Fuel and Ash Handler I
Sustainable Resource Management is currently seeking a Fuel and Ash Handler l, who will monitor and operate auxiliary equipment to maintain safe, efficient and continuous plat Il lb. The Fuel and Ash Handler will perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs to Fuel Handling System, Fuel Conveyors and other assigned auxiliary systems. Responsible for operating Dozers to push out fuel piles, blend fuel and move material in the fuel yard. Operate Frontend Loaders for filling fuel bins and Ash trailers as assigned
Essential functions: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates mobile equipment including but not limited to: dozer, frontend loaders, skid steer type loaders, water truck and other mobile equipment.
- Qualified to operate dozer and frontend loader as required in support and employee relief capacity.
- Operates frontend loader to fill bins and load ash trailers as needed.
- Completes all inspections and maintenance on dozers, frontend loaders and other mobile equipment.
- Uses effective communication and interpersonal skills including successful cooperation with all departments. Communicates clearly and concisely bother verbally and in writing as well as communicates clearly whether using intercom system, two-way radio or face-to-face.
- Maintains and follows all Company and environmental compliance, health and safety requirements, policies, procedures and rules.
- Completes all required Environmental Management System and Compliance Training.
- Ability to use small hand tools.
- Ability to load ash and metal trucks.
- Follows standard safety procedures. Corrects safety and environmental hazards and reports them to supervisor immediately.
- Maintains the work area in clean, neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Completes the Company and Plant Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Work overtime and/or rotating shifts as required.
- Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics or chemicals into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck or barrels.
- Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent work experience.
- Mechanical abilities sufficient to perform equipment maintenance, minor repairs and general preventative maintenance. Licenses as required by State, Federal and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies. Valid Drivers license.
- Drug Free work zone.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Moving mechanical parts
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Air borne particles
- Dust, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme temperatures — hot and cold
- Noise in work environment
- The primary working area for this position is outdoors subject to ambient conditions
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Handle tools, equipment, fine motor skills
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, crawl
- Lift 50 pounds
Shasta- Sustainable Resource Management offers competitive wages, health benefits and 401K. Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2021, at Shasta — Sustainable Resource Management, 20811 Industry Rd. Anderson, Ca 96007, 530-339-7600, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shasta – Sustainable Resource Management is committed to EOE/AAE.Minimum Education and Experience