Hall Brothers Corning Mortuary
Starting Wage: $16.00/hour
Flexible hours, 15- 20 hours per week
It has been our hallmark to offer comfort, assistance and information on a pre-need, at-need and aftercare basis. Hall Brothers Corning Mortuary has years of experience caring for families from all walks of life. Each family comes to us because they know we are leaders in our profession, dedicated to excellence in service, and have the highest integrity.
Successfully perform the overall administrative activities for a funeral home. Ensure the highest quality of services to satisfy the needs of our client families. Foster a team environment and maintain an effect flow of business documents, procedures and consumer relationship. Handles the day-to-day administrative duties, including filing, tracking, and communicating with the funeral service team all appropriate paperwork, contracts, insurance assignments, trust agreements.
- Professional appearance and dress
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and receive/apply constructive feedback with a positive attitude
- Contract Processing, Documents and File Maintenance
- Monitor all documents are compliant with Federal and State regulatory guidelines
- Maintain copies of all documents in customer file
- Keep files in neat and chronological order within the designated file cabinets.
- Prepare service folders and other stationary products for services
- Scan pictures for memorials
- Assist funeral director with death notice faxed to local newspapers and website.
- General Duties and requirements
- Back up Receptionist. Answer phones on a multi-line system.
- Greet families coming into the funeral home as need and assist them.
- Support location management and perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 100lbs safely
- Ability to work an on-call shift, no regular hours, and must be available for nights and weekends and holidays as needed
- Interacts with customers and family members of the decedent, handling inquiries and directing them according to specific needs, i.e., upon arrival and departure for transfer of the decedent
- Transfers the deceased from nursing homes, coroner offices, hospitals, or residences to the funeral home
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus
- High School or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License with a Clean Driving Record
To Apply: Apply in person at 902 5th St, Corning, CA 96021, by appointment or call 530-824-3792Minimum Education and Experience