Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, Principal or Designee, performs required duties,
which may include classroom teacher assistance, crossing guard or yard duty assignments.
• Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials, instructional exercises and
shaping appropriate social behaviors.
• May administer and score a variety of general aptitude tests and record the test results.
• Administers routine first aid and requests assistance for non-routine injury or illness.
• Assists in maintaining an orderly, attractive and positive learning environment.
• Interacts with students, encouraging performance, observing progress and meeting instructional and
behavioral needs as they arise.
• Shares observations with the teacher.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Assists with general campus supervision and discipline as assigned.
• Assists teacher in preparing materials, record keeping, obtaining supplies and use of media equipment.
• Is responsible for student safety when crossing streets en route to and from school.
• Works with students to reinforce material initially introduced by teacher.
• Follows accepted principles, practices, rules and regulations for the school to which assigned.
• Attends job related in-services, conferences and staff meetings as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.