Requirements / Qualifications
GATEWAY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT CLASSIFIED VACANCY:
2020/2021 School Year Specialized Health Care Assistant (LVN) – Itinerant
These positions may travel to meet the needs of the district. 7.00 hrs/day ~ 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
SALARY: $17.57 – $24.58 per/hr – Range 20 (Including Vacation Factor) 182 workdays (14 District paid holidays)
***Special qualifications including knowledge, skills, and abilities: Knowledge of:
- District policies and State regulations concerning student immunization;
- Modern medical terminology, equipment and techniques;
- Accepted methods and principles of personal hygiene;
- Basic diagnostic methods for medical conditions and diseases;
- Contracted student transportation policies
- Accepted medical assessment techniques
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy;
- Public health agencies and local health care resources;
- Health and safety regulations;
- Operation of specialized medical equipment, machines and instruments;
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Current valid California State License as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Possession of a valid CPR and First Aid Certificate.
Applicant must be able to pass a Physical Assessment Exam and must pass Department of Justice (DOJ) Fingerprint clearance. Applicant selected will be required to pay a fingerprint processing fee. Applicant selected will be required to complete mandatory safety training. Applications will only be accepted through the edjoin website.
For more information please contact Gateway Unified School District at 530-245-7900. PROCEDURE: The selected process will include an appraisal of individual applications and personal resumes. Candidates receiving the highest ratings will be selected for an interview. (Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted). #1074
Comments and Other Information
The Gateway Unified School District (GUSD) is committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. The hiring process and employment shall be free from discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, actual or potential, family, or marital status, or the exclusion of any person because of pregnancy or related conditions, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Section 504 Reasonable Accommodation: Director of Special Education 4411 Mountain Lakes Blvd, Redding, CA 96003, (530) 245-7900
Title IX Coordinator: Assistant Director of Human Resources 4411 Mountain Lakes Blvd, Redding, CA 96003, (530) 245-7900Minimum Education and Experience