SUMMARY: Under general supervision and using some discretion and judgment, performs a variety of routine-to-complex confidential, financial, payroll, statistical and accounting functions; performs general accounting support duties. Prepares or supports the preparation of payroll and related benefits, accounts payable and may perform general office support duties, including typing, word processing and filing; performs related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes semi-monthly timecards. Prepares vacation & sick accruals and tracks accrual and use of staff comp time. Processes semi-monthly employee checks and direct deposits. Prepares payroll allocation spreadsheet for proper posting of salary & payroll tax expense by funding source and calculation of necessary transfer of funds.
- Calculates payroll tax deposits and ensures timely payment. Assists with quarterly and yearend payroll tax reporting.
- Maintains confidential information regarding salary, compensation, and benefits.
- Basic knowledge of employer obligations with regard to payroll and payroll taxes.
- Processes food reimbursement, subsidized child care payments, employee expense reimbursements and monthly bills. Assures proper authorization documents attached as well as correct funding sources. Verifies invoices/packing slips to statements and prepares checks accordingly.
- May assist with vendor, provider or employee inquires.
- Prepare monthly distribution of Blue Cross health insurance statement based on % of time spent on each funding source.
- Calculates necessary transfer for expenditures.
- Maintains monthly EDD non-employee reporting.
- Maintains annual 1099 filing.
- Reconciles agency bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Provides backup to Deputy Director in the areas of ongoing computer maintenance, employee software training, receipt of deposits, online banking, etc.
- Assists as necessary with year-end audit.
- Assists with development and implementation of process improvements and procedures
- Researches and implements employment policies and procedures, as well as managing workplace safety initiatives.
- Responsible for orientation of new staff members and ensure all paperwork is filled out correctly and verified. Once correct, information is entered into the system.
- Updates policies and procedures regarding compliance accordingly. Creates comprehensive policies and procedures that comply with federal and state laws. Updates as necessary.
- Oversee the maintenance, communication and destruction of personnel records as required by law including local governing bodies.
- Personal computer operations and their application to accounting, inventory control, and other administrative and fiscal functions.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance, and use of vehicle for work.
- Provides backup on computer server maintenance.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong organizational, clerical and bookkeeping skills a must. Ability to interact with a variety of people from different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, outside agencies and the general public. The ability to prioritize work to meet timely deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and [or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noise, temperature or health hazards.
The Del Norte Child Care Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: This is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.Minimum Education and Experience