SUMMARY: Oversees all aspects of ranch management in accordance with company standards including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, staff development and facility upkeep within established quality standards. Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling and discipline of all ranch staff including wranglers and independent contractors/vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”, ensuring that all criteria of Greenhorn standards are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by ranch staff.
2. Performs all criteria as communicated by ranch “Standard Operating Procedures” in a satisfactory manner.
3. Creates an operating environment that assures superior guest and employee satisfaction including frequent and consistent guest interaction.
4. Monitors the performance of the ranch through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
5. A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies.
6. Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints and initiates corrective action.
7. Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company’s goals by maximizing room yield and ranch revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
8. Prepares timely financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
9. Develops improvement actions and initiates and consistently carries out cost savings initiatives.
10.Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, safety, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
11.Maintains an appropriate level of community, associations and public affairs involvement.
12.Executes marketing, sales, administrative and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the ranch business plan.
13.Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
14.Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the ranch, Buildings, horses, ranch owned land and surroundings.
15.Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
16.Understands the government regulations affecting ranch operations, ensuring ranch is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state, county or municipal authority.
17.Deals with the general public, customers, employees and government officials with professionalism, tact and courtesy.
18.Plans, organizes and schedules the work of others.
19.Accepts full responsibility for managing all activities.
20.Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly oversees 2 to 50 employees and or vendor contractors at the ranch, including all department heads. Indirectly supervises all ranch personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the ranch and principal policies, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Salary Exempt: Salary & Bonus Commensurate with Experience
Includes: lodging and two daily mealsMinimum Education and Experience