Project Manager – Overview
Looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to oversee our commercial projects in and around Redding, Ca. area, and function as a liaison between the various project parties, clients, and local jurisdictions. The Project Manager will play a key role in the office construction team, ensure project quality standards, see to material and equipment availability, and work with the Project Superintendent to maintain project budget and schedules. Job requires good leadership and people skills, and the ability to communicate and document clearly and accurately.
· Minimum 10 years overall construction experience, with a minimum of 5 years Project Management experience.
· Project Management degree preferred but can be waived depending on experience.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Project required.
· Reliable transportation and clean CDL required.
· Prior estimating experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
· Salary 85k – 125k
· Project performance commission available
Project Manager – Duties / Responsibilities
1. Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
2. Perform a key role in project planning, scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and assigning subcontracts.
3. Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibility.
4. Oversee project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
5. Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedules.
6. Establish the project schedule and make revisions as and when the need arises.
7. Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and laborers.
8. Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
9. Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
10. Make periodic visits and inspections of project sites.
11. Ensure project documents and reports are complete.
12. Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise conflicts, disputes, and claims.
13. Serve as a key link of communication with clients.Minimum Education and Experience