Job Title: CNC Lathe Machinist III
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Efficiently and accurately performs machining operations on CNC lathe, Mill Turn, and other machinery by performing the following duties. Journeyman level experience required, this listing is for Day Shift. Shift is typically 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reads and understands manufacturing drawings, tolerances, and notes.
2. Sets up and operates machinery in accordance with part and production requirements.
3. Creates complex CNC programs from 3D models in MasterCAM or Autodesk Inventor HSM.
4. Manually create CNC programs using G and M code.
5. Designs and manufactures part holding fixtures.
6. Measures parts with caliper, micrometer, and depth gage to guarantee specifications are met.
7. Comprehensive understanding of machine speeds, feeds, and tooling.
8. Defines required tooling, to complete a given job.
9. Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with safety training guidelines.
10. Transports finished goods safely to and from workstation as required by production.
11. Handles small parts and tools.
12. Provides estimated completion set- up and run times for specific jobs.
13. Produces finished goods above the average shop pace.
14. Keeps machines and work areas clean and free of hazards.
15. Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
16. Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, and/or personal injuries.
17. Reports to work for scheduled day and shift.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MasterCAM 2020, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Work, Microsoft Excel.
Four to six years of prior experience in machinist positions.
• CNC mill
• Bench grinder
• Belt sander
• Drill Press
• Die grinder
• Vernier scales
• Digital position read outs
• Hand drill
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Good attitude
• Ability to see small details
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Compensation depends on Experience, Education & Skill Set. Hourly + Benefits, some overtime allowed
How to Apply: Please email with resume to email@example.com.Minimum Education and Experience