PJ Helicopters is seeking full-time Ground Support Drivers. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than just the required license/endorsements. Experience with basic vehicle maintenance, small machinery, welding/fabricating, and general shop work will enhance any candidate’s chances. These positions are part of our ground support team that facilitates fuel and rigging support for different types of helicopter operations in forestry, construction, and utility industries across California / Western U.S.
• Class A preferred OR Class C CDL with Tank/Hazmat endorsements and clean DMV record.
• Must pass pre-employment DOT drug test. Random tests throughout employment.
• Comfortable safely driving tank vehicles/hauling trailers in various road conditions including, but not limited to: city/heavy traffic, mountain roads, snow, rugged off-road terrain, etc.
• Must have physical ability to get up and down repetitively while working under trucks/helicopters daily.
• Able to regularly lift up to 75 lbs.
• Be able to follow directions and complete projects with limited supervision.
• Have a strong sense of direction and the ability to learn/use GPS navigation.
• Basic knowledge of how to navigate and utilize mobile technology.
• Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with many different personalities and customers.
• Out of area travel required. Must be able to endure long days and up to 2 weeks away from home.
BENEFITS: Per diem and overnight rate for out of area travel. Full-time benefits include: Medical/Dental/Vision, Paid holidays, Vacation/PTO, 401k-Profit Share
COMPENSATION: Hourly; $18-$22 DOE
Applicants that are at least 21 years of age but do not have the required licensure may be considered given they meet other relevant qualifications:
• Shop experience/mechanical ability/small machinery experience
• Hauling trailers/working in a field environment
PJH may be willing to sponsor the right candidate through CDL/HAZMAT process.
About PJ Helicopters
PJ Helicopters is a family-owned world class precision helicopter lift service serving all industries nationwide since 1970. In the over 50 year history, PJ Helicopters has focused heavily on customer satisfaction and safety to deliver our best product to customers nationwide. We primarily serve the utility, forestry, and construction industries and have completed a multitude of projects, work methods, and assignments in our long history. Additional industry sectors we regularly fly for and with includes: defense support, research and development, experimental flight testing, data acquisition, filmmaking, hydroelectric construction, aerospace testing and development, and much more.